Friday, June 17, 2011

Peace on Earth Good Will to Men

I was thinking about Christmas this year. About a little baby...born in Bethlehem. Then I thought about the Shepards, tending their sheep...when angels from heaven appeared from no where... I imagine the Angels' so excited to give the good news...the GREAT news. Maybe even pushing and shoving (in a very angelic like fashion) to be in the front row..to see the faces up close. You see, they have seen us in our fallen state. They have heard the whole world moaning to be set right. They have watched as we wept, as we fell out of our purpose, as we limped, only a small shadow of who we were created to be. I imagine that the angels heard the unfamiliar crack of the God of the Universe's heart breaking, and the conversations which lead to the birth of the baby/God. I imagine how the angel's must have felt...to be able to relieve the pain in our eyes with the big announcement. I'm not sure who decided what was going to be said...I imagine it was God...but I know the angels had to be thrilled!!! Behold!!! Listen...don't miss this!...we've seen the chaos, we've heard your cries... Peace on Earth!!!! Good will to men!!! It is here!!! All that you have longed for...He did it!!!!
Today I am wondering what they must think? Are they confused? Bewildered? Maybe angry? Do they question if we can hear? If we can see? Where is the simple peace? The good will towards others? How can we so quickly forget all that this birth means? How do we worry and and not lean into His promises? We are to busy with own selves, positioning, posturing, climbing to think of others. It seems as if Peace and Good will are hard to find, hard to handle and hard to keep. In this chaotic world, I can still hear the angels sing...well more like plead. It's here, in the manger, His Name is Emmanuel (God with us)...kneel down, bring your gifts and you will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment